Essayswriting.grabmyessay.life #Paper towels absorbency research

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Paper towels absorbency research

Paper towels absorbency research

Mar/Wed/2018 | Uncategorized

Background-research - Paper TowelComparison

Paper towels absorbency research

Need Help Writing an Essay? -
Paper Towel Experiment - Which is the Most Absorbent?

Best Free Resume Templates For Designers. Paper Absorbency! Traditional business resume designs are preferred for some situations, but designers often like to get more creative. It#8217;s possible to online services, create your own resume from scratch but why reinvent the towels absorbency research, wheel? Whether you#8217;re applying for a new job or just want to put up your resume on your website, this gallery contains a handful of beautiful and free resume templates that you can download and use for any purpose. And they#8217;re varied enough that they can work for any digital creative from an artist to a UI designer or motion graphics designer. Essay Contest Winning Essay! This freebie comes in PSD format and absorbency research, only uses a light shade of blue to distinguish sections of the foucault, resume. It contains personal info in the left column with the traditional resume contents on the right. Paper Towels Research! Great choice for a mix between fairly professional yet creative at on t.v, the same time. Paper Towels Absorbency! If you#8217;re looking for an InDesign template then you should definitely consider this example by Sven Kaiser.

It#8217;s astoundingly easy to customize and it#8217;s one of the online cv writing services, few resume freebies that doesn#8217;t force the chart-based skill levels you often see floating around. Fernando Baez offers this freebie resume template in black white with a variety of typography styles. Lettering and font pairing varies greatly to draw the eye throughout the page. It includes sections for paper absorbency research, work experience, awards, diagrams, and a few other less common features that really round out the designer#8217;s resume. Color and vibrance may be more your fashion with this CV/cover letter resume template. It#8217;s designed in a box-style grid with colorful background features to separate the paper on general, contents. Absorbency! I especially like the clients list with logos fixed inside a yellow box in the center.

This is a powerful way to draw attention to employers who may recognize brand logos before reading your experience history. Gradients galore take over this creative resume template available as a free PSD download. You can edit the whole design including icons and breaking barriers essay contest winning essay, other shapes on the page. I really like the typographic choices here including font colors and high contrast elements on the page. This template really stands out as a designer#8217;s resume. If you need something a little more corporate check out paper towels absorbency, this resume template designed as a PSD file. It uses orange highlights in the fonts and the overall layout feels very much like a professional(yet creative) resume. Custom icons really help this resume design jump off the page and catch your attention. Education and work experience are two columns that do incredibly well in on mental illness this regard. But I also think the text placement and size break down the resume into paper towels research, clearly-divided sections.

A nice combo of professional yet creative at the same time. For a more modern look with bright colors check out illness, this modern resume PSD freebie. It comes with a cover letter template along with the resume design itself. Both pages are fully customizable so you can remove elements, add elements, update contents, and move around editing the page to do whatever you feel works best. Here#8217;s a really cool material design resume freebie with a few different template styles. Granted material design is made specifically for digital devices, but this template certainly follows through with the aesthetics. It#8217;s clean and easy to read. The colors blend nicely and there#8217;s plenty of room for customization. I#8217;m rarely a fan of red when it comes to absorbency research, resumes and personal websites. But this template by Sojib Khan uses red in a way that feels encouraging rather than overwhelming.

It comes in essay questions a handful of filetypes including PSD, PDF, AI, EPS, and MS Word. So you can do a few quick edits to the text or even open it up in Illustrator/Photoshop to really toy around with the design. A very clean template and great for any career path. Designer Mats-Peter Forss released this minimalist resume in PSD and AI formats. It uses a free google font called Montserrat and the whole layout just feels super polished. Even though I#8217;m a designer I do often prefer minimalism when it comes to resumes. You could always add a monogram or small icon into the header, but generally speaking this simple resume should be enough for paper research, any creative professional. Here#8217;s another dark minimalist template that comes in essays on t.v watching a handful of file sizes. You can download the editable AI file and get it print ready right within Illustrator at 300DPI resolution. Not too many visuals but the paper absorbency, dark contrasting headers really make this resume easy to what best evaluate of a in a, read and consume from a distance. Here#8217;s a really cool minimalist resume template that you can download right from the Dribbble page.

It comes in paper towels research the standard A4 file size along with a free PSD file for editing. Typography is sweet and the layout is essays watching one of the better minimalist styles in this whole gallery. The large caps locks titles and the simple font styles really make this resume jump off the research, page. It#8217;s another minimalist design but it still feels very creative in the sense that it#8217;s optimized for easy readability. It comes in the .ai filetype for Illustrator so it#8217;ll be easy to make any changes you need in psychology design, type, color, or whitespace. Georgian-Sorin Maxim put out a really basic AI resume that just looks glorious on the page. It#8217;s fairly rudimentary so it may be the towels, most basic example in this whole post. But for some job applications and career types this sort of resume fits the bill. It#8217;s not your standard creative layout but it is versatile enough to work with any creative career or even a tech/dev career.

Here#8217;s a fun resume/CV PSD freebie designed by Rodrigo Angelim that follows a web-based idea. This mockup can be used for a website resume but it can also be used as a print resume with some creative ingenuity. The PSD file is layered and comes with crisp guidelines to essay, help you better organize the towels absorbency, layout. What Is The Way To The Validity For Use! It#8217;s super easy to paper research, edit and the grid structure gives it a much more rigid feel. This ultra-minimal resume is one of the neatest design trends I#8217;ve found online.

It comes in a black or white background with a good portion of variety for on general psychology, typography. Since this comes in a PSD file you can even change the background to any other colors you wish! Vibrant and quick to catch attention, this is both minimalist and super fun to use as a reliable resume design for any situation. Paper Towels! This beautiful print freebie created by what is the way to evaluate the validity in a Bangladeshi designer Imran Khan shows the most creativity I#8217;ve seen in any resume template. It#8217;s full of colors, shapes, and textures that naturally catch the eye. The resume header is absorbency research quite attractive with the triangular shape and slot for the resume subject#8217;s photo. It comes in services a layered PSD file in A4 print size with a cover letter included. If you#8217;re looking to revamp your resume or find some creative resume inspiration this gallery is sure to have something for you.

Digital creatives from all walks of towels absorbency research life can save time and energy by customizing one of these templates to services, suit their own needs. And if you#8217;re looking for more print design freebies check out paper, these related posts: Start Your Own Freelance Business! Learn how I went from essays, a corporate employee to paper towels absorbency, owning my own freelance business and blog. Sign up for my email newsletter and get a FREE copy of my Ebook plus a coupon for 10% off your first billing cycle on best way to evaluate of a website any Vandelay Premier plan! Looking for hosting? WPEngine offers secure managed WordPress hosting. You’ll get expert WordPress support, automatic backups, and caching for fast page loads. Jake is a writer and user experience designer on the web. He currently publishes articles related to user experience and research, user interface design.

Find out more on breaking barriers contest essay his website or you can follow his updates on towels absorbency Twitter @jakerocheleau. 39 Fantastically Creative Resume and CV Examples. HTML Resume Templates to Help You Land a Job. The Creative Brief: What It Is, How It Works, And Best Practices For Designers. Print Design Tutorials: The Ultimate Roundup of Resources and breaking barriers essay contest, Tools. Best LinkedIn Tips for Creative Professionals. Free Design Resources: Downloads for Designers. Keyboard Shortcuts and Cheatsheets for Design Software.

Subscribe to our weekly newsletter chalked full of useful tips, techniques, and absorbency, design goodies. Essay Questions! Learn Photoshop: All of the towels absorbency research, Basics for online cv writing, Beginners. Shopify Toolbox: Resources for towels absorbency, Shopify Users and on general, Designers. Towels! Designing Magnetic Email Opt-In Forms That Encourage Signups. Vecteezy Launches a Free Vector Graphics Editor. 10 Amazing Graphic #038; Web Designers From Massachusetts. Design Tips For Building A Usable Portfolio Website. 20 Stunning Matte Painting Tutorials. Responsive WordPress Portfolio Themes.

Copyright Vandelay Design | Proudly Hosted by WPEngine.

Best Custom Academic Essay Writing Help & Writing Services UK Online -
Paper Towel Absorbency Experiment | Study com

SAT / ACT Prep Online Guides and Tips. The personal statement might just be the towels absorbency, hardest part of your college application. Mostly this is because it has the least guidance and on general, is the most open-ended. One way to absorbency, understand what colleges are looking for on mental illness, when they ask you to write an essay is to paper towels, check out the essays of students who already got in—college essays that actually worked. Essay? After all, they must be among the towels absorbency, most successful of this weird literary genre. In this article, I’ll go through general guidelines for what makes great college essays great. I've also compiled an is the best evaluate of a for use enormous list of 100+ actual sample college essays from paper 13 different schools. Finally, I’ll break down two of illness, these published college essay examples and explain why and how they work.

With links to 125 full essays and essay excerpts , this article will be a great resource for learning how to craft your own personal college admissions essay! What Excellent College Essays Have in Common. Even though in many ways these sample college essays are very different from one other, they do share some traits you should try to emulate as you write your own essay. Building out from a narrow, concrete focus. You’ll see a similar structure in many of the essays. The author starts with a very detailed story of an paper research event or description of a person or place. After this sense-heavy imagery, the essay expands out to make a broader point about the author, and connects this very memorable experience to the author’s present situation, state of mind, newfound understanding, or maturity level. Knowing how to tell a story. Essays Watching? Some of the towels, experiences in breaking essay essay, these essays are one-of-a-kind.

But most deal with the stuff of everyday life. Paper Towels Research? What sets them apart is the way the author approaches the topic: analyzing it for drama and essay, humor, for paper towels, its moving qualities, for paper on general, what it says about the author’s world, and for how it connects to the author’s emotional life. A killer first sentence. You’ve heard it before, and you’ll hear it again: you have to suck the reader in, and the best place to do that is the first sentence. Great first sentences are punchy. They are like cliffhangers, setting up an exciting scene or an paper research unusual situation with an unclear conclusion, in order to reaction paper, make the reader want to paper absorbency research, know more. Don’t take my word for it—check out these 22 first sentences from Stanford applicants and online services, tell me you don’t want to read the rest of those essays to find out what happens! A lively, individual voice. Paper Towels Research? Writing is for readers. In this case, your reader is an admissions officer who has read thousands of essays before yours, and will read thousands after. Your goal?

Don’t bore your reader. On Mental? Use interesting description, stay away from cliches, include your own offbeat observations—anything that makes this essay sounds like you and not like anyone else. Enchanted Prince Stan decided to stay away from any frog-kissing princesses to retain his unique perspective on ruling as an amphibian. Technical correctness. Paper Towels Research? No spelling mistakes, no grammar weirdness, no syntax issues, no punctuation snafus—each of breaking contest winning, these sample college essays has been formatted and paper towels research, proofread perfectly. What Is The Evaluate Of A For Use? If this kind of exactness is not your strong suit, you’re in luck! All colleges advise applicants to have their essays looked over towels absorbency research several times by reaction paper psychology parents, teachers, mentors, and anyone else who can spot a comma splice. Your essay must be your own work, but there is absorbency research, absolutely nothing wrong with getting help polishing it. Links to Full College Essay Examples.

Some colleges publish a selection of their favorite accepted college essays that worked, and I've put together a selection of over 100 of these (plus some essay excerpts!). Please note that some of these college essay examples may be responding to essay questions, prompts that are no longer in absorbency, use. The current Common App prompts are as follows: 1. What Website? Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story. 7. Share an essay on any topic of your choice. It can be one you've already written, one that responds to a different prompt, or one of your own design.

These essays are answers to past prompts from either the absorbency, Common Application or the Universal Application, both of which Johns Hopkins accepts. Essay Examples Published by Other Websites. 7 Common Application essays from applicants admitted to Stanford, Duke, Connecticut College, NYU, Carleton College, Washington University, and the University of Pennsylvania 2 Common Application essays (1st essay, 2nd essay) from reaction paper on general applicants admitted to Columbia. Here is paper towels absorbency research, a smaller collection of essays that are college-specific, plus 22 essay excerpts that will add fuel to your essay-writing fire. The University of Chicago is well known for essays, its off-the-wall, often wacky supplementary essay prompts. Paper Towels Research? These seven sample essays respond to a variety of on mental, thought-provoking questions. Sometimes it's helpful to see how others managed to get over paper towels absorbency the difficult first-line hump. We're guessing all these monkeys would write different first sentences. Analyzing Great Common App Essays that Worked. I've picked out two essays from the reaction paper, examples collected above to examine in towels absorbency, more depth so that you can know exactly what makes a successful college essay work. Full credit for these essays goes to the original authors and the schools that published them.

Example #1: Breaking Into Cars, by Stephen, Johns Hopkins Class of '19 (Common App Essay, 636 words long) I had never broken into essays watching, a car before. We were in Laredo, having just finished our first day at a Habitat for Humanity work site. The Hotchkiss volunteers had already left, off to enjoy some Texas BBQ, leaving me behind with the college kids to clean up. Not until we were stranded did we realize we were locked out of the absorbency, van. Someone picked a coat hanger out of the on mental illness, dumpster, handed it to me, and took a few steps back. “Can you do that thing with a coat hanger to unlock it?” “Why me?” I thought. More out of amusement than optimism, I gave it a try.

I slid the hanger into the window’s seal like I’d seen on crime shows, and spent a few minutes jiggling the apparatus around the inside of the frame. Suddenly, two things simultaneously clicked. Paper Absorbency Research? One was the lock on the door. (I actually succeeded in springing it.) The other was the realization that I’d been in best the validity of a website in a, this type of situation before. Paper Absorbency? In fact, I’d been born into reaction on general psychology, this type of situation. My upbringing has numbed me to unpredictability and chaos. With a family of seven, my home was loud, messy, and spottily supervised. My siblings arguing, the paper absorbency, dog barking, the on general, phone ringing—all meant my house was functioning normally. My Dad, a retired Navy pilot, was away half the time. When he was home, he had a parenting style something like a drill sergeant. At the age of nine, I learned how to towels, clear burning oil from the essays on mental illness, surface of water.

My Dad considered this a critical life skill—you know, in case my aircraft carrier should ever get torpedoed. “The water’s on fire! Clear a hole!” he shouted, tossing me in the lake without warning. While I’m still unconvinced about that particular lesson’s practicality, my Dad’s overarching message is unequivocally true: much of towels, life is unexpected, and you have to deal with the twists and turns. Living in my family, days rarely unfolded as planned. A bit overlooked, a little pushed around, I learned to roll with reality, negotiate a quick deal, and give the improbable a try. Services? I don’t sweat the small stuff, and I definitely don’t expect perfect fairness. So what if our dining room table only has six chairs for seven people? Someone learns the importance of punctuality every night.

But more than punctuality and a special affinity for musical chairs, my family life has taught me to absorbency, thrive in situations over essays which I have no power. Towels Research? Growing up, I never controlled my older siblings, but I learned how to thwart their attempts to control me. Essay? I forged alliances, and realigned them as necessary. Sometimes, I was the poor, defenseless little brother; sometimes I was the omniscient elder. Paper Research? Different things to different people, as the situation demanded. I learned to adapt. Back then, these techniques were merely reactions undertaken to ensure my survival. Services? But one day this fall, Dr.

Hicks, our Head of School, asked me a question that he hoped all seniors would reflect on paper towels absorbency research, throughout the year: “How can I participate in a thing I do not govern, in the company of people I did not choose?” The question caught me off guard, much like the question posed to me in Laredo. Then, I realized I knew the answer. I knew why the coat hanger had been handed to me. Growing up as the middle child in my family, I was a vital participant in a thing I did not govern, in the company of people I did not choose. It’s family. It’s society. And often, it’s chaos. What Way To The Validity For Use In A? You participate by letting go of the small stuff, not expecting order and perfection, and facing the unexpected with confidence, optimism, and preparedness.

My family experience taught me to face a serendipitous world with confidence. It's very helpful to take writing apart in order to paper absorbency research, see just how it accomplishes its objectives. Stephen's essay is very effective. Illness? Let's find out why! An Opening Line That Draws You In. I had never broken into a car before.

In just eight words, we get: scene-setting (he is standing next to a car about to break in), the idea of crossing a boundary (he is maybe about to do an illegal thing for the first time), and a cliffhanger (we are thinking: is he going to get caught? Is he headed for paper absorbency, a life of crime? Is he about to be scared straight?). We were in Laredo, having just finished our first day at essays watching a Habitat for Humanity work site. The Hotchkiss volunteers had already left, off to towels absorbency research, enjoy some Texas BBQ, leaving me behind with the college kids to clean up. Not until we were stranded did we realize we were locked out of the van. Someone picked a coat hanger out of the dumpster, handed it to me, and took a few steps back. “Can you do that thing with a coat hanger to unlock it?” “Why me?” I thought.

More out of reaction, amusement than optimism, I gave it a try. I slid the hanger into the window’s seal like I’d seen on crime shows, and absorbency, spent a few minutes jiggling the apparatus around the inside of the frame. It’s the details that really make this small experience come alive. Notice how whenever he can, Stephen uses a more specific, descriptive word in place of online services, a more generic one. Paper? The volunteers aren’t going to get food or dinner; they’re going for “Texas BBQ.” The coat hanger comes from “a dumpster.” Stephen doesn’t just move the coat hanger—he “jiggles” it. Details also help us visualize the emotions of the people in the scene. The person who hands Stephen the coat hanger isn’t just uncomfortable or nervous; he “takes a few steps back”—a description of movement that conveys feelings. Finally, the detail of actual speech makes the scene pop. Is The Best Way To Website For Use? Instead of writing that the towels, other guy asked him to unlock the van, Stephen has the guy actually say his own words in a way that sounds like a teenager talking. Coat hangers: not just for services, crows' nests any more! (Gotz/Wikimedia) Turning a Specific Incident Into a Deeper Insight.

Suddenly, two things simultaneously clicked. One was the lock on the door. (I actually succeeded in research, springing it.) The other was the realization that I’d been in this type of situation before. In fact, I’d been born into this type of essays illness, situation. Not only does Stephen make the locked car experience a meaningful illustration of how he has learned to be resourceful and ready for anything, but he also makes this turn from the specific to the broad through an elegant play on research, the two meanings of the foucault, word “click.” Using Concrete Examples When Making Abstract Claims. My upbringing has numbed me to unpredictability and chaos. Absorbency? With a family of seven, my home was loud, messy, and spottily supervised. My siblings arguing, the is the best of a website for use in a, dog barking, the towels absorbency research, phone ringing—all meant my house was functioning normally. “Unpredictability and essays, chaos” are very abstract, not easily visualized concepts.

Not only towels research that, but they could mean any number of things—violence, abandonment, poverty, mental instability. By instantly following up with highly finite and unambiguous illustrations like “family of seven” and “siblings arguing, the dog barking, the phone ringing,” Stephen grounds the abstraction in foucault essay, something that is easy to picture: a large, noisy family. Using Small Bits of Humor and Casual Word Choice. My Dad, a retired Navy pilot, was away half the time. When he was home, he had a parenting style something like a drill sergeant. At the age of nine, I learned how to clear burning oil from the surface of water. My Dad considered this a critical life skill—you know, in towels absorbency, case my aircraft carrier should ever get torpedoed.

Obviously, knowing how to clean burning oil is not high on the list of things every 9-year-old needs to know. To emphasize this, Stephen uses sarcasm by bringing up a situation that is clearly over-the-top: “in case my aircraft carrier should ever get torpedoed.” The humor also feels relaxed. Part of this is because he introduces it with the breaking contest winning essay, colloquial phrase “you know,” so it sounds like he is talking to paper towels absorbency, us in person. This approach also diffuses the potential discomfort of the reader with his father’s strictness—since he is making jokes about it, clearly he is essay, OK. Notice, though, that this doesn’t occur very much in the essay. Absorbency? This helps keep the tone meaningful and serious rather than flippant. Mr. President?

There's been an oil spill! Then I want our best elementary school students on on t.v watching, it, STAT. An Ending That Stretches the towels, Insight Into the Future. But one day this fall, Dr. Essays On Mental Illness? Hicks, our Head of School, asked me a question that he hoped all seniors would reflect on throughout the year: “How can I participate in a thing I do not govern, in the company of people I did not choose?” The question caught me off guard, much like the question posed to me in Laredo. Then, I realized I knew the answer. I knew why the coat hanger had been handed to paper absorbency, me. Growing up as the middle child in my family, I was a vital participant in a thing I did not govern, in the company of people I did not choose. It’s family. It’s society.

And often, it’s chaos. You participate by letting go of the essays, small stuff, not expecting order and perfection, and facing the unexpected with confidence, optimism, and preparedness. My family experience taught me to towels research, face a serendipitous world with confidence. The ending of the essay reveals that Stephen’s life has been one long preparation for essay essay, the future. Paper Towels Absorbency? He has emerged from chaos and his dad’s approach to parenting as a person who can thrive in essays on mental, a world that he can’t control. This connection of past experience to current maturity and self-knowledge is a key element in all successful personal essays.

Colleges are very much looking for mature, self-aware applicants. These are the qualities of successful college students, who will be able to navigate the paper towels absorbency, independence college classes require and the responsibility and essays on t.v, quasi-adulthood of towels research, college life. What Could This Essay Do Even Better? Even the best essays aren't perfect, and even the world's greatest writers will tell you that writing is never finished—just due. Essays On Mental Illness? So what would we tweak in this essay if we could? Replace some of the cliched language. Towels Absorbency? Stephen uses handy phrases like twists and turns and don’t sweat the small stuff as a kind of barriers essay contest winning, shorthand for explaining his relationship to chaos and unpredictability. But using too many of these ready-made expressions runs the risk of clouding out your own voice and replacing it with something expected and boring.

Use another example from recent life. Stephen's first example (breaking into the van in paper research, Laredo) is a great illustration of being resourceful in breaking essay winning essay, an unexpected situation. But his essay also emphasizes that he learned to adapt by paper towels being different things to different people. Foucault Essay Questions? It would be great to see how this plays out outside his family, either in paper towels absorbency research, the situation in is the best in a, Laredo or another context. Example #2: By Bridget Collins, Tufts Class of '19 (Common App Essay, 608 words long) I have always loved riding in absorbency research, cars. After a long day in first grade, I used to fall asleep to the engine purring in my mother's Honda Odyssey, even though it was only a 5-minute drive home. As I grew, and graduated into on general, the shotgun seat, it became natural and enjoyable to look out the window. Seeing my world passing by through that smudged glass, I would daydream what I could do with it. In elementary school, I already knew my career path: I was going to be Emperor of the World.

While I sat in the car and paper towels, watched the miles pass by, I developed the plan for my empire. I reasoned that, for the world to run smoothly, it would have to look presentable. I would assign people, aptly named Fixer-Uppers, to fix everything that needed fixing. That old man down the street with chipping paint on his house would have a fresh coat in no time. The boy who accidentally tossed his Frisbee onto on mental illness the roof of the school would get it back. Paper Towels? The big pothole on Elm Street that my mother managed to hit every single day on the way to school would be filled-in. What Best Website? It made perfect sense! All the people that didn't have a job could be Fixer-Uppers. I was like a ten-year-old FDR.

Seven years down the road, I still take a second glance at the sidewalk cracks and think of my Fixer-Uppers, but now I'm doing so from the driver's seat. Paper Towels Research? As much as I would enjoy it, I now accept that I won't become Emperor of the World, and that the way to of a for use, Fixer-Uppers will have to paper towels research, remain in my car ride imaginings. Or do they? I always pictured a Fixer-Upper as a smiling man in an orange T-Shirt. Maybe instead, a Fixer-Upper could be a tall girl with a deep love for Yankee Candles. Maybe it could be me. Bridget the Fixer-Upper will be slightly different than the imaginary one who paints houses and fetches Frisbees. I was lucky enough to discover what I am passionate about when I was a freshman in high school. A self-admitted Phys.

Ed. addict, I volunteered to help out with the Adapted PE class. On my first day, I learned that it was for developmentally-disabled students. To be honest, I was really nervous. I hadn't had too much interaction with special needs students before, and wasn't sure how to handle myself around them. Long story short, I got hooked. Three years have passed helping out in APE and foucault questions, eventually becoming a teacher in the Applied Behavior Analysis summer program. I love working with the paper research, students and watching them progress. When senior year arrived, college meetings began, and my counselor asked me what I wanted to do for a career, I didn't say Emperor of the World. Instead, I told him I wanted to essays illness, become a board-certified behavior analyst. A BCBA helps develop learning plans for students with autism and other disabilities. Basically, I would get to do what I love for the rest of paper absorbency, my life.

He laughed and told me that it was a nice change that a seventeen-year-old knew so specifically what she wanted to do. On T.v Watching? I smiled, thanked him, and left. But it occurred to me that, while my desired occupation was decided, my true goal in paper towels absorbency research, life was still to become a Fixer-Upper. So, maybe I'll be like Sue Storm and her alter-ego, the Invisible Woman. I'll do one thing during the day, then spend my off-hours helping people where I can. Instead of flying like Sue, though, I'll opt for a nice performance automobile. My childhood self would appreciate that. Bridget takes a somewhat different approach than Stephen, but her essay is just as detailed and essays illness, engaging. Let's go through some of the strengths of her essay.

A Structure That’s Easy to Follow and Understand. The essay is arranged chronologically. Paper Towels? Bridget starts each paragraph with a clear signpost of where we are in time: Paragraph 1: “after a long day in reaction on general psychology, first grade” Paragraph 2: “in elementary school” Paragraph 3: “seven years down the road” Paragraph 4: “when I was a freshman in high school” Paragraph 5: “when senior year arrived” This keeps the reader oriented without being distracting or gimmicky. I would assign people, aptly named Fixer-Uppers, to fix everything that needed fixing.

That old man down the towels research, street with chipping paint on breaking barriers essay winning, his house would have a fresh coat in no time. The boy who accidentally tossed his Frisbee onto the roof of the school would get it back. Seven years down the road, I still take a second glance at the sidewalk cracks and think of my Fixer-Uppers, but now I'm doing so from the driver's seat. As much as I would enjoy it, I now accept that I won't become Emperor of the World, and that the research, Fixer-Uppers will have to cv writing services, remain in my car ride imaginings. Or do they? I always pictured a Fixer-Upper as a smiling man in an orange T-Shirt. Maybe instead, a Fixer-Upper could be a tall girl with a deep love for Yankee Candles. Maybe it could be me. I wanted to become a board-certified behavior analyst. A BCBA helps develop learning plans for students with autism and other disabilities.

Basically, I would get to do what I love for the rest of my life. …But it occurred to me that, while my desired occupation was decided, my true goal in paper towels, life was still to become a Fixer-Upper. What makes this essay fun to read is that Bridget takes a child’s idea of a world made better through quasi-magical helpers and on general, turns it into a metaphor for the author’s future aspirations. Paper Towels Absorbency? It helps that the metaphor is a very clear one: people who work with students with disabilities are making the world better one abstract fix at a time, just like imaginary Fixer-Uppers would make the world better one concrete physical fix at essays on mental a time. Every childhood Fixer-Upper ever. Ask your parents to explain the absorbency, back row to you. (JD Hancock/Flickr) This essay uses many techniques that make Bridget sound genuine and make the reader feel like we already know her. Technique #1: humor. Notice Bridget's gentle and relaxed humor that lightly mocks her younger self’s grand ambitions (this is different from the more sarcastic kind of humor used by Stephen in barriers essay contest essay, the first essay—you could never mistake one writer for the other). In elementary school, I already knew my career path: I was going to research, be Emperor of the World.

I was like a ten-year-old FDR. Technique #2: invented terminology. The second technique is the way Bridget coins her own terms, carrying them through the essays, whole essay. It would be easy enough to simply describe the people she imagined in childhood as helpers or assistants, and to simply say that as a child she wanted to paper towels, rule the world. Instead, she invents the capitalized (and thus official-sounding) titles “Fixer-Upper” and “Emperor of the World,” making these childish conceits at once charming and foucault, iconic. Paper Research? What's also key is that the titles feed into the central metaphor of the essay, which keeps them from sounding like strange quirks that don’t go anywhere. Technique #3: playing with syntax.

The third technique is to essays on mental illness, use sentences of varying length, syntax, and structure. Most of the towels, essay's written in standard English and uses grammatically correct sentences. However, at key moments, Bridget emphasizes that the reader needs to sit up and foucault essay, pay attention by towels switching to short, colloquial, differently punctuated, and sometimes fragmented sentences. The big pothole on Elm Street that my mother managed to hit every single day on the way to school would be filled-in. It made perfect sense! All the people that didn't have a job could be Fixer-Uppers. When she is narrating her childhood thought process, the essays on t.v watching, sudden short sentence “It made perfect sense!” (especially its exclamation point) is absorbency, basically the essay version of drawing a light bulb turning on over someone’s head. As much as I would enjoy it, I now accept that I won't become Emperor of the World, and that the Fixer-Uppers will have to remain in essays watching, my car ride imaginings. Research? Or do they? Similarly, when the services, essay turns from paper towels her childhood imagination to foucault essay, her present-day aspirations, the turn is marked with “Or do they?”—a tiny and arresting half-sentence question. Maybe instead, a Fixer-Upper could be a tall girl with a deep love for Yankee Candles.

Maybe it could be me. The first time when the comparison between magical fixer-upper’s and the future disability specialist is made is paper absorbency, when Bridget turns her metaphor onto herself. The essay emphasizes the importance of the cv writing, moment through repetition (two sentences structured similarly, both starting with the word “maybe”) and the use of a very short sentence: “Maybe it could be me.” To be honest, I was really nervous. I hadn't had too much interaction with special needs students before, and wasn't sure how to handle myself around them. Long story short, I got hooked. The last key moment that gets the small-sentence treatment is the emotional crux of the essay. As we watch Bridget go from nervously trying to help disabled students to falling in love with this specialty field, she undercuts the potential sappiness of the moment by relying on changed-up sentence length and slang: “Long story short, I got hooked.” The best essays convey emotions just as clearly as this image.

What Could This Essay Do Even Better? Bridget's essay is paper research, very strong, but there are still a few little things that could be improved. Explain the car connection better. The essay begins and ends with Bridget's enjoying a car ride, but this doesn't seem to online services, be related either to the Fixer-Upper idea or to her passion for working with special-needs students. It would be great to either connect this into research, the essay more, or to take it out altogether and create more space for questions, something else. Give more details about being a teacher in the Applied Behavior Analysis summer program. It makes perfect sense that Bridget doesn't want to put her students on display. It would take the focus off of absorbency, her and possibly read as offensive or condescending. But, rather than saying long story short, maybe she could elaborate on her own feelings here a bit more.

What is foucault essay questions, it about this kind of teaching that she loves? What is she hoping to bring to the lives of her future clients? 3 Essential Tips for Writing Your Own Essay. How can you use this discussion to better your own college essay? Here are some suggestions for paper research, ways to use this resource effectively. #1: Take Apart the Other Essays in the Links. As you go through the essays we've compiled for you above, ask yourself the following questions: Can you explain to yourself (or someone else!) why the opening sentence works well? Look for the essay's detailed personal anecdote. What senses is the author describing? Can you easily picture the scene in your mind's eye?

Find the what is the way to evaluate of a, place where this anecdote bridges into a larger insight about the paper towels absorbency research, author. Online Cv Writing Services? How does the essay connect the two? How does the anecdote work as an example of the author's characteristic, trait, or skill? Check out the essay's tone. If it's funny, can you find the paper research, places where the humor comes from? If it's sad and moving, can you find the imagery and description of feelings that make you moved?

If it's serious, can you see how word choice adds to barriers contest, this tone? When you figure out how all the paper absorbency, cogs fit together, you'll be able to build your own . What Best Way To The Validity Of A Website? um . whatever this is. All of these essays rely on connecting with the reader through a heartfelt, highly descriptive scene from the towels absorbency research, author's life. It can either be very dramatic (did you survive a plane crash?) or it can be completely mundane (did you finally beat your dad at Scrabble?). Barriers Contest Essay? Either way, it should be personal and revealing about you, your personality, and the way you are now that you are entering the adult world. Let me level with you: the best writing isn't writing at all.

It's rewriting. And in order to have time to rewrite, you have to start way before the paper absorbency research, application deadline. On T.v Watching? My advice is to write your first draft at least two months before your applications are due. Let it sit for a few days untouched. Research? Then come back to it with fresh eyes and think critically about what you've written.

What's extra? What's missing? What is in the wrong place? What doesn't make sense? Don't be afraid to take it apart and rearrange sections. Do this several times over, and your essay will be much better for reaction on general psychology, it!

Want to improve your SAT score by paper absorbency 160 points or your ACT score by 4 points? We've written a guide for each test about the top 5 strategies you must be using to have a shot at improving your score. Download it for free now: Have friends who also need help with test prep? Share this article! Anna scored in the 99th percentile on breaking barriers essay, her SATs in paper towels, high school, and foucault questions, went on to major in English at Princeton and to get her doctorate in English Literature at Columbia. She is absorbency research, passionate about improving student access to higher education.

You should definitely follow us on social media. Foucault? You'll get updates on our latest articles right on your feed. Follow us on all 3 of absorbency, our social networks: Have any questions about this article or other topics? Ask below and we'll reply! Series: How to Get 800 on Each SAT Section: Series: How to Get to services, 600 on towels research, Each SAT Section: Series: How to Get 36 on Each ACT Section: Our hand-selected experts help you in questions, a variety of other topics!

Looking for paper research, Graduate School Test Prep? Check out paper on general, our top-rated graduate blogs here: Get the latest articles and test prep tips! © PrepScholar 2013-2015. All rights reserved. SAT® is a registered trademark of the paper absorbency research, College Entrance Examination Board TM . The College Entrance Examination.

Board TM does not endorse, nor is it affiliated in any way with the owner or any content of on t.v, this site.

Pay for Exclusive Essay -
Paper Towel Absorbency Experiment - 1270 Words | Bartleby

6 Major Resume Flaws (and How to Fix Them) Stephanie Taylor Christensen of LearnVest. This article is from our friends at LearnVest , a leading site for personal finance. When job hunting, your resume has a way of highlighting little career imperfections in black and white. Maybe you’ve job-hopped, had a long gap between gigs , or earned a degree that requires explaining (hello, art history majors!). Paper Towels Research. Is there a way to smooth over essays on t.v watching, these resume imperfections— without being dishonest? You betcha. You just have to get creative, be upfront, and do a little rebranding . We spoke with job coaches, recruiters, and candidates who have been in your shoes to find out how best to fix six of the most common resume flaws. Problem #1: You Want to Change Fields but Don't Have Any Experience. What to Do: Play up your skills, not your positions . What skills have you gathered in your previous positions that would be helpful in another job? asks Lea McLeod, a career coach and the founder of Degrees of Transition, a job coaching firm. Towels Absorbency Research. That’s just what she did with her client, Todd Mauvais, 29.

Though Mauvais had been teaching music for six years, he wanted a more stable career. He applied to foucault government jobs for research, a full year before he intended to breaking contest essay make his transition, but nothing panned out, and Mauvais wasn't sure why. Paper Towels Research. Once he began working with McLeod, the problem was clear: He didn’t lack skills—he simply hadn’t identified the breaking barriers winning essay, right field to apply them. Because Todd had a job where he commuted among multiple schools to paper towels absorbency teach arts classes, he was an exceptional self-manager, she says. He also promoted summer arts programs to increase enrollment, was a great public speaker and presenter, and online cv writing services was comfortable in front of a room. She helped him recognize that this skill set translated perfectly to a career in sales . Paper Absorbency Research. Mauvais rewrote his resume to focus on best way to evaluate the validity in a his relationship building, speaking, and promotional skills, and paper absorbency reached out to a craft beer distributor he thought would be a good fit through LinkedIn . What Is The Best Evaluate The Validity For Use. In just over a month, the former music teacher was hired as a sales associate and is still happy in his role there today. Problem #2: Your College Degree Isn't Directly Relevant to the Job or Field. What to Do: If this describes you, don't worry: You're hardly alone.

Only specific fields—like engineering, graphic design, healthcare, pharmaceutical, and automotive, to name a few—require related degrees for towels research, entry-level work, explains corporate recruiter Dennis Tupper. Otherwise, companies are seeking someone who is coachable and moldable, will work hard, and watching has a vested interest and passion in paper towels, the company or industry. Essay. Taylor Brady, 23, faced this very challenge with his sociology degree. Having grown frustrated after three months of sending out resumes for jobs in social work and nonprofits without getting any response, he, too, reached out to McLeod. I had friends graduating from absorbency research, business schoo l who were Excel wizards and such, but I had to online be creative in regards to selling myself, says Brady. Towels. To focus Taylor's experience, explains McLeod, we called out his work with a grant-writing mentor as a ‘special academic project ’ and what best way to the validity of a included the types and values of the grants he had written, so it really popped when he was applying for the grant-writing jobs he really wanted.” He also led his resume with a Special Skills section, which highlighted the paper research, key points of his past internships (including grant writing, donor database management, and volunteer coordination), then provided more information about each role in the “Work Experience” section.

With McLeod's help, Brady found his current role as a grant writer at reaction paper on general a nonprofit by rebranding his resume to focus exactly on what he could do for his potential employer. Problem #3: You Have a Big Gap Between Jobs. What to Do: According to Jill Knittel, COO of recruiting and staffing firm Employee Relations Associates, significant gaps between jobs are fairly common imperfections that can be handled with two different approaches. One solution is to list just the number of years or months you worked at your earlier positions, rather than the usual start and towels research end dates, Knittel advises. The other approach? You can also use a functional resume , which elaborates on your skills, instead of a chronological resume. This will take the foucault, focus away from time, and on towels research to your abilities and reaction paper on general psychology what you can do for a company, she says. Absorbency Research. If asked in an interview about the time frame of your resume, you will still need to be honest about the gaps, but either of these approaches can de-emphasize them on paper.

Problem #4: You've Job-Hopped Frequently. Foucault. What to paper towels research Do: Jessica Bedford, a recruiter at what is the best evaluate of a website for use Artisan Creative, a staffing agency that specializes in finding jobs for creative talent, recommends that job-hoppers include a Reason for Leaving next to each position, with a succinct explanation like company closed, layoff due to towels absorbency research downsizing, or relocated to breaking new city. By addressing the gaps, you’ll proactively illustrate the reason for your sporadic job movement and make it less of an issue. If you have multiple gaps or have filled the time with several temporary projects, you might also create a section called ‘Consulting Work’ or ‘Freelance Work,’ and list all of them under the one section. With this approach, job seekers can account for a number of years at paper towels absorbency once, recommends Bedford. If you stayed at a job for essays on t.v, only a matter of months, consider eliminating it from your resume. According to towels absorbency research The New York Time s' Career Coach , leaving a particularly short-lived job or two off your work history shouldn't hurt, as long as you're honest about breaking essay essay your experience if asked in an interview. Problem #5: Your Resume is paper towels Three Pages Long, and reaction psychology You Don't Know What to Cut.

What to paper absorbency research Do: Tupper says that if you work in an industry unrelated to one you worked in what best evaluate of a, 10 years ago, you can omit the details of that past experience and include only the paper, years and industries in which you worked (so you don't appear deceitful in the case of a background check). For jobs you held several years ago that are in the same field, but don’t reflect your current level, keep descriptions brief. And, as mentioned above in the advice for job hoppers, jobs you held for only a few months can be eliminated, as long as you're upfront about the experience if the subject comes up. Problem #6: You Haven't Snagged That First Real Job. What to on general Do: If little professional experience is the reason your resume is lacking, executive recruiter Bruce A. Hurwitz of Hurwitz Strategic Staffing recommends adding a subhead called Related Employment Activities right under Work Experience. You can fill it with volunteer work, online courses , short-term employment, and consulting assignments—list everything from a part-time job to paper research a webinar to an online course, says Hurwitz. This section allows you to explain why you’re the is the of a website for use, right candidate for the role—before a recruiter concludes you’re not. Don’t forget to paper towels include the valuable soft skills job candidates tend to underestimate, like the ability to essay resolve customer service issues, work with ambiguity, coordinate among different groups, and negotiate with vendors.

Photo of woman looking at resume courtesy of paper absorbency research, Shutterstock . On T.v Watching. LearnVest empowers people to live their richest lives, with daily newsletters packed with tips and stories on managing your money and boosting your career, a budgeting center for keeping track of your expenses and income, and affordable, personalized financial plans from a team of certified financial planners. Hmmm, seems you#39;ve already signed up for this class. While you#39;re here, you may as well check out all the paper towels absorbency, amazing companies that are hiring like crazy right now.

Buy Essay Papers Here -
[PPT]The Paper Towel Absorbency Lab - Kawameeh Middle School

Characteristics of a National Hero Essay Sample. Executive Summary No law, executive order or proclamation has been enacted or issued officially proclaiming any Filipino historical figure as a national hero. However, because of paper absorbency research their significant roles in the process of nation building and contributions to history, there were laws enacted and proclamations issued honoring these heroes. Even Jose Rizal, considered as the greatest among the Filipino heroes, was not explicitly proclaimed as a national hero. The position he now holds in Philippine history is a tribute to the continued veneration or acclamation of the what way to the validity of a for use people in recognition of absorbency research his contribution to breaking barriers essay contest, the significant social transformations that took place in our country. Aside from paper towels research, Rizal, the only other hero given an implied recognition as a national hero is Andres Bonifacio whose day of birth on November 30 has been made a national holiday. Despite the lack of any official declaration explicitly proclaiming them as national heroes, they remain admired and revered for their roles in Philippine history. Heroes, according to historians, should not be legislated.

Their appreciation should be better left to academics. Acclamation for barriers essay winning essay, heroes, they felt, would be recognition enough. 1. Selection and Proclamation of National Heroes 1.1 National Heroes Committee. On March 28, 1993 , President Fidel V. Ramos issued Executive Order No.75 entitled “Creating the National Heroes Committee Under the Office of the President”. The principal duty of the Committee is to study, evaluate and recommend Filipino national personages/heroes in due recognition of their sterling character and remarkable achievements for the country. 1.2 Findings and Recommendations of the National Heroes Committee. In compliance with Executive Order No. 75 dated March 28, 1993 , the National Heroes Committee submitted its findings and recommendations. 1.2.1 Criteria for National Heroes.

The Technical Committee of the paper towels absorbency National Heroes Committee held a series of meetings on June 3, 1993 , August 19,1993 , September 12, 1994 and November 15, 1995 , defining, discussing and deliberating upon the merits of the various definitions and criteria of a hero. The Committee adopted the following criteria as basis for historical researchers in determining who among the reaction psychology great Filipinos will be officially proclaimed as national heroes: Criteria for National Heroes. (Adopted by the Technical Committee of the National Heroes Committee on June 3, 1993 , Manila . Members of the Committee included Drs. Onofre D. Corpuz, Samuel K. Tan, Marcelino Foronda, Alfredo Lagmay, Bernardita R. Churchill, Serafin D. Paper Absorbency. Quiason, Ambeth Ocampo, then known as Dom Ignacio Maria, Prof. Barriers Contest. Minerva Gonzales and Mrs. Carmen Guerrero-Nakpil) 1. Heroes are those who have a concept of nation and thereafter aspire and struggle for the nation’s freedom.

Our own struggle for freedom was begun by towels absorbency research, Bonifacio and essay questions, finished by Aguinaldo, the latter formally declaring the revolution’s success. Paper Research. In reality, however, a revolution has no end. Revolutions are only the services beginning. One cannot aspire to be free only to sink back into bondage. 2. Heroes are those who define and contribute to a system or life of freedom and order for a nation. Freedom without order will only absorbency research, lead to anarchy.

Therefore, heroes are those who make the nation’s constitution and laws, such as Mabini and Recto. To the latter, constitutions are only the foucault questions beginning, for it is the people living under the constitution that truly constitute a nation. 3. Heroes are those who contribute to the quality of life and destiny of a nation. Towels. (As defined by Dr. Onofre D. Corpuz) Additional Criteria for Heroes. (Adopted by the Technical Committee of the National Heroes Committee on November 15, 1995, Manila)

1. A hero is part of the essay questions people’s expression. But the process of a people’s internalization of a hero’s life and works takes time, with the paper towels research youth forming a part of the internalization. 2. A hero thinks of the future, especially the future generations. 3. The choice of a hero involves not only the recounting of an episode or events in history, but of the entire process that made this particular person a hero. (As defined by Dr. Alfredo Lagmay) 1.2.2 Historical Figures Recommended as National Heroes.

On November 15, 1995 , the Technical Committee after deliberation and careful study based on Dr. Onofre D. Corpuz’ and Dr. Alfredo Lagmay’s criteria selected the following nine Filipino historical figures to be recommended as National Heroes: b. Essays On T.v. Andres Bonifacio. c. Emilio Aguinaldo. d. Apolinario Mabini. e. Marcelo H. del Pilar. f. Sultan Dipatuan Kudarat. h. Paper Towels Absorbency Research. Melchora Aquino.

i. Gabriela Silang. 1.2.3 Status of the Report/Recommendations Submitted by the National Heroes Committee. Since the submission of the report/recommendations by barriers essay, the National Heroes Committee to then Secretary Ricardo T. Gloria of the Department of Education, Culture and Sports on November 22,1995 , no action has been taken. This was probably because this might trigger a flood of requests for proclamations. Another possibility is that the proclamations can trigger bitter debates involving historical controversies about the heroes. 2. Laws Honoring/ Commemorating Filipino Historical Figures. 2.1.1.1 Decree of December 20, 1898 , issued by General Emilio Aguinaldo, declared December 30 of every year a day of research national mourning in honor of Dr. Jose Rizal and other victims of the Philippine Revolution.

2.1.1.2 Act No. 137, which organized the is the evaluate for use in a politico-military district of Morong into the Province of Rizal , was the paper absorbency research first official step taken by the Taft Commission to what way to evaluate the validity, honor our greatest hero and martyr. 2.1.2 Andres Bonifacio. 2.1.2.1 Act No. 2946, enacted by the Philippine Legislature on February 16, 1921 , made November 30 of each year a legal holiday to towels absorbency, commemorate the birth of Andres Bonifacio. 2.1.2.2 Act No. 2760, issued on February 23, 1918 , confirmed and ratified all steps taken for the creation, maintenance, improvement of national monuments and particularly for the erection of a monument to the memory of Andres Bonifacio. 2.1.3 Other Heroes.

2.1.3.1 Act No. 3827, enacted by essays watching, the Philippine Legislature on October 28, 1931 , declared the last Sunday of August of every year as National Heroes Day. 2.1.3.2 Proclamation No. 510, issued by Pres. Fidel V.Ramos on November 30, 1994 , declared the year 1996 as the year of Filipino Heroes as a tribute to all Filipinos who, directly and indirectly, gave meaning and impetus to the cause of freedom, justice, Philippine independence and nationhood. 2.1.3.3 R.A. No. 9070, April 8, 2001, declaring the eighteenth of December of every year as a special working public holiday throughout the country to be known as the Graciano Lopez-Jaena Day. 2.2 Other Historical Figures.

2.2.1 R.A. No. 6701, February 10, 1989, declaring September One of every year, the absorbency death anniversary of Gregorio Aglipay y Labayan, as Gregorio L. Aglipay Day and a special non-working holiday in the Municipality of Batac, Province of Ilocos Norte. 2.2.2 R.A. No. 7285, March 24, 1992, declaring February Nineteen of each year as Dona Aurora Aragon Quezon Day a special nonworking holiday in the Province of Aurora in essays on t.v order to commemorate the birth anniversary of Dona Aurora Aragon Quezon, the first President of the towels research Philippine National Red Cross, and Foundation Day of the Province. 2.2.3 R.A. No.

7805, September 1, 1994, declaring January 28 of breaking barriers winning every year as a non-working special public holiday in the City of towels research Cavite to essay, be known as Julian Felipe Day. 2.2.4 R.A. No. Paper. 7950, March 25, 1995, declaring December Eighteen of every year as “Araw ng Laguna” and a special working day in the Province of paper Laguna and the City of paper towels absorbency San Pablo to commemorate the memory and death of the late Governor Felicisimo T. San Luis. 2.2.5 R.A. On Mental. No. 9067, April 8, 2001 , declaring April 15 of absorbency research every year as President Manuel A. Roxas Day which shall be observed as a special working public holiday in online cv writing services the Province of Capiz and paper absorbency, the City of on mental Roxas. *From the Reference and towels, Research Bureau Legislative Research Service, House of Congress. WHAT IS A NATIONAL HERO? On our national hero’s 150 birth anniversary, I am forced to rethink my answer to this question once more.

In the foucault essay not so distant past, there has been a lot of question as to why Dr. Jose Rizal is the country’s national hero. Renato Constantino argues that he is an American-sponsored hero; that Rizal symbolized non-violence and peaceful advancement of reforms, traits that the American occupiers wanted for Filipinos to adopt and thus prevent further revolts against their hegemony. Others have hailed Andres Bonifacio as the towels absorbency research “true” national hero for reaction paper on general psychology, organizing the first Philippine government and absorbency, leading the first anti-colonial revolution in Asia. The Retraction Controversy has also placed doubts on Rizal’s nationalism and his anti-clerical stance. The questions stem from the fact that our usual notion of a national hero is someone who is courageous, strong, able-bodied, and leads a military force into war against a colonial/imperial power — people such as George Washington, Simon Bolivar, or Sun Yat Sen. Apparently, machismo is still in the psyche most Filipinos. This notion has to change in our time when even the smallest deeds of self-sacrifice can be considered heroism. In my opinion, for one to be a hero, one must sacrifice him/herself for the liberation its people or as an way to website in a, impetus of such liberation. Andres Bonifacio and Emilio Aguinaldo falls under this category, both having courageously fought the paper towels absorbency Spaniards in the battlefield. However, Andres Bonifacio never won any of watching his battles and usually goes off to save himself once his forces are routed.

He really sees it important that people’s leader remains alive at the end of the battle rather than sacrifice life and limb. The same way with Emilio Aguinaldo who instead of facing the Americans in the battlefield, has decided to elude them until his arrest in Palanan and subsequent pledge of allegiance to the United States. Dr. Jose Rizal is perhaps the epitome of such self-sacrifice though. He sacrifices his love life and a quiet life to gather knowledge around the paper towels absorbency world that would be helpful in the struggle for reforms in the country. He translates famous literary works into Filipino for his countrymen to see (such as works by Hans Christian Andersen and Schiller) and labors to essays, ensure a fair perspective about his country abroad (such as annotating Morga’s Sucesos de las Islas Filipinas). He uses his own fortune, time and effort to care for towels, his countrymen, as he did when he opened his clinic in Hong Kong or in Dapitan. He enlightens his people about their status in society by writing the Noli and the Fili.

His ultimate sacrifice perhaps is when he refuses to what best evaluate the validity of a website for use in a, be saved by Bonifacio’s revolution and instead gives his own life at execution so that the revolution can have the ultimate inspiration. Both Bonifacio and Aguinaldo recognized his sacrifices by revering him as the revolution’s inspiration. Aguinaldo was first to declare him national hero in 1898, even before the paper research Americans “sponsored” it. Rizal’s self-sacrifice has been modeled throughout history by on t.v, other heroes, such as Manuel L. Paper Towels Absorbency. Quezon (who sacrificed time, money and effort for the establishment of the Commonwealth), Jose P. Laurel (who sacrificed reputation to collaborate with the enemy and save more Filipinos from the Japanese), Ninoy Aquino (who sacrificed his life at assassination so that the essays on t.v People Power Revolution could push through) and Efren Penaflorida (who sacrificed time, money and effort to teach the towels absorbency research street children of Cavite). In the end, there is no doubt that Rizal is the first to breaking barriers essay winning, envision himself and his country as a nation of Filipinos and to uphold its liberty from the occupiers. At his 150th birth anniversary, Dr. Absorbency Research. Jose Rizal will remain as the heart of the Philippine revolution and the Philippine national hero. Originally posted at http://soksay.blogspot.com. On December 20, 1898, Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo, as head of the best way to evaluate website in a Philippine Revolutionary Government, issued a decree proclaiming Dec. 30 of every year a national day of mourning in honor of Dr.

Jose Rizal and paper towels research, the other martyrs of the revolution against Spain. This was just two years after the execution of the hero by the Spanish colonial government. On Feb. 16, 1921, the members of the Philippine Legislature passed Act No. Breaking Essay Contest Winning Essay. 2496, proclaiming Nov. 30 of every year a legal holiday to commemorate the birth of paper Andres Bonifacio, founder of the questions Katipunan. This was just 25 years after the launching of the nationalist revolution against towels, Spain by the Kataastaasan Kagalang-galang na Katipunan nang manga Anak nang Bayan (Highest Honorable Association of Children of the Nation), or Katipunan. Since then, the names of Rizal and Bonifacio have led the parade of illustrious and valorous heroes honored by generations of cv writing services Filipinos for absorbency research, their contributions to national unity, freedom and social progress.

But since the essays 1960s, there has arisen a revisionist historical trend questioning the standing of both Rizal and Bonifacio in the vanguard of paper that parade of heroes. Breaking Barriers Essay Contest. One school of paper absorbency research thought contends that Rizal was not worthy to be considered our foremost national hero because he was “made in USA.” In an article written in 1970, titled “Veneration Without Understanding,” the historian Renato Constantino referred to Rizal as an “American-sponsored hero.” This viewpoint was expressed during the period of social and political activism led by students, workers and peasants against the brewing Marcos dictatorship and against the American war on Vietnam as an is the best way to evaluate of a website in a, expression of resurgent US imperialism. Constantino claimed that US Governor General Howard Taft set up Rizal as a national hero because Rizal was considered a “reformist” and a “pacifist,” while Bonifacio was a revolutionary who resorted to violence to towels absorbency research, gain national independence. Since the US colonial rulers naturally wanted to foucault, discourage revolution against their regime, they chose Rizal over Bonifacio as the Philippines’ national hero. The message was interpreted by the activists as reflecting their view that it was Bonifacio who most deserved the title of No. 1 Filipino hero. Research. The Taft Commission, which functioned as the US colonial administration in the Philippines from 1900 to 1904, passed Act No. 37, creating the Province of Rizal out of the military district of Morong in honor of Dr.

Rizal. The act did not formally declare Rizal a national hero, nor proclaim a national holiday in his honor. Besides, the Taft Commission represented a foreign government that had gained power through force and could not speak for the Filipino people. Popular sentiment. General Aguinaldo, acknowledged leader of the de facto Philippine Republic, proclaimed Rizal a national hero ahead of the American colonial administration. In compliance with his decree of breaking barriers essay contest winning Dec. 20, 1898, the paper absorbency people of Daet, Camarines Norte, immediately started a subscription for the building of a monument for Dr. Rizal at the town’s plaza.

The monument was inaugurated in February 1899, shortly after the outbreak of the Philippine-American War on Feb. 1. Hence, the proclamation of Rizal as a national hero was an authentic act of the Filipino people even before the United States officially consolidated its rule. By no means can it be said that he was an “American-sponsored” hero. Reaction Psychology. If at all, in supposedly choosing Rizal as our national hero, Taft was only abiding by the popular sentiment of the paper towels absorbency Filipino people as already expressed through General Aguinaldo, whose government was then sovereign throughout the breaking barriers winning essay entire nation, except in Manila. The proclamation of Bonifacio as a national hero was made by the Philippine Legislature, composed of duly elected Filipino representatives of the Philippine Legislature, then enjoying self-rule under the American colonial regime. Paper Towels Absorbency. He, too, should be considered a genuine choice of the Filipinos as a national hero despite the online services objection of the American administration that he was too much of a revolutionary. Bonifacio, like Rizal, has also suffered from historical revisionism. The most recent revisionist writing about absorbency research Bonifacio was that by Bryan C. Paraiso, a senior historical sites development officer of the National Historical Commission. In Paraiso’s article published by the Philippine Daily Inquirer on Nov. 30, 2012, on the occasion of Bonifacio’s 149th birth anniversary, the hero reveals fervor in his writings.

Paraiso described Bonifacio as an “elusive” historical character. Paraiso went so far as to favorably quote an American historian, Glenn Anthony May, that “the Bonifacio celebrated in history textbooks and memorialized in statues around the Philippines is in contest essay reality something closer to a national myth.” May, who has written a number of controversial books on Philippine history emphasizing the role of the elite in towels absorbency the Philippine revolution and in the armed resistance against American occupation, is a history professor at the University of Oregon. Paraiso rejected the judgment of paper on general psychology Filipino historians like Epifanio de los Santos, who had tried to vindicate the image of Bonifacio against paper towels absorbency research, his detractors. Way To Evaluate Website In A. Paraiso considered the writings of De los Santos and other Filipino historians “subjective” interpretation, implying that the foreigners’ interpretation of Philippine history is absorbency, “objective.” In fact, the observations of the American historians on our anticolonial struggles could just as well carry bias to barriers winning essay, justify the paper towels research colonial conquests of our country. Foucault Questions. But is it necessary and helpful for Filipinos to pit their heroes against each other, endlessly debating who are more deserving of paper towels research popular adoration? Unique role. Every hero plays his own unique role in history, which is that to defend and promote the essays interests of the nation at paper research, any particular time of national crisis, sacrificing his or her own life and self-interest. George Washington and Abraham Lincoln are both American primary heroes performing different roles at different times in their country’s historical development. They, too, had their critics.

Rizal consciously planted and nourished the seed of on mental nationalism. In his novels, essays and proclamations he promoted the idea of research freedom and the eventuality of national independence. At first Rizal advocated reforms. But when the essays on t.v watching plea for reforms failed, he advocated independence, even through revolution. This is evident in his novel “Noli Me Tangere,” which emphasized reforms, and absorbency, its sequel, “El Filibusterismo,” which preached revolution. Rizal’s principal essays, “The Indolence of the Filipinos,” and “The Philippines a Century Hence,” argued for an end to colonialism, by reforms if possible, and, if not, through revolution.

Bonifacio read the novels of Rizal and best evaluate of a, possibly his two nationalistic essays that were published by La Solidaridad, the periodical of reformist Filipino emigres in Madrid, which Rizal had joined but which he later left when he finally realized that their agitation for reforms were falling on paper towels absorbency research the deaf ears. It was then that Rizal wrote the “Fili.” La Liga Filipina. It was Rizal’s writings and his growing reputation as a leader of Filipino nationalism that led Bonifacio in 1892 to join Rizal’s La Liga Filpina, an organization that was in reaction paper on general essence a shadow government for an independent nation. The organization of the Liga by Rizal was cited in the indictment against him as one of the acts of research treason he allegedly had committed against the Spanish regime. The stated aims of the online Liga, including, “To unite the whole archipelago into one compact, vigorous and homogenous body,” were correctly interpreted by the Spanish authorities as an paper towels absorbency, attempt at separatism.

This led the Spanish government to exile Rizal to the fastnesses of Mindanao. He was eventually executed upon conviction of treason. In his memoirs of the Philippine Revolution, Apolinario Mabini recalled that he met Bonifacio at the organization of the services Liga. After Rizal’s banishment on July 6, 1892, Bonifacio and a handful of other members of the paper absorbency research Liga tried to keep it alive by reaction paper, continuing to solicit contributions for La Solidaridad. Paper Research. Mabini, was elected secretary of the Supreme Council of the Liga after Rizal’s arrest.

He later became president of the Cabinet of President Aguinaldo and secretary of foreign affairs in the first Philippine Republic that fought the United States for independence. The late former Sen. Claro M. Essay Questions. Recto, the greatest Filipino nationalist of our time, in a speech in 1960 to a civic convention in Baguio City, identified “Rizal, the poet, thinker, realist; Bonifacio, the idealist man of action; and Mabini, the statesman,” as “three of the greatest nationalists this country has produced.” Katipunan. When the Liga finally dissolved because of disagreements among its officers, Bonifacio formed the Katipunan, which was totally dedicated to the objective of overthrowing the Spanish colonial government through armed revolution. Bonifacio had come to the conclusion that the period for petitions had ended, and that revolution had become an imperative. The Katipunan was therefore a direct outgrowth of the Liga Filipina. Bonifacio used the name of “Jose Rizal” as one of the passwords for paper absorbency research, the members of the secret society. It was an acknowledgment by Bonifacio that Rizal was his mentor and inspiration, if not his leader. All revolutions start out with petitions for reforms. Watching. Thus it was with the paper research French, Russian and American revolutions. The US Declaration of Independence states: “In every state of reaction on general these Oppressions We have Petitioned for paper absorbency research, Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury.”

The rejection of the petitions for reforms by the La Solidaridad propagandists, including representation in the Spanish parliament, paved the way for the bloody Katipunan revolution for separatism. In his seminal essay, “The Philippines A Century Hence,” published by La Solidaridad from Sept. 30, 1898, to Feb. 1, 1890, Rizal wrote that if the reforms were not granted, “the Philippines one day will declare herself inevitably and unmistakably independent …. Necessity is the strongest god the what best evaluate of a website world knows, and necessity is the paper absorbency result of physical laws put into action by moral forces.” Rizal planted the is the of a website seed of revolution, and Bonifacio watered it. They were the twins of historical necessity. The dynamic of history brought them together, each to fulfill fated roles in the struggle of our people for nation-building and independence. Paper Research. That their legacies should be made to compete against online cv writing services, each other goes against the law of history, which mandates that each historical figure, like every generation, has a definite role to play in the destiny of a nation. Paper Towels. Divide and essays on t.v, rule.

Revisionists are employing the time-honored colonial tactic of “divide and rule” to absorbency, impose and perpetuate their dominance over conquered peoples. Those who play this game, pitting our heroes against each other, and planting seeds of suspicion about is the way to website their worth, are playing the game of our former colonial masters. As Recto said in the same speech, “A firm belief in the genius of our race and in the capacity of the people for advancement toward the attainment of absorbency their destiny is another basic component of nationalism.” Destroy that nationalism and you destroy the nation. After all, colonialism does not end in the mere overthrow of the colonial power. Colonial institutions are left behind, especially after 400 years of online cv writing services foreign domination (350 by the Spaniards and 50 by the Americans).

There are leftovers of towels absorbency colonialism that must be swept away completely before the colonial subjects can be totally free, especially when they are embedded in foucault the habits of the mind. The destruction of the characters of national heroes are tantamount to sabotage of the absorbency research nation’s strength and noble purposes. Continued efforts to annihilate the message of Rizal by preaching that he had retracted his writings is a subterfuge to destroy nationalism. The same goes with efforts to mythologize the essay persona of Rizal’s partner in nationalism and revolution, Bonifacio. Bertolt Brecht, European poet and playwright, in his play, “Galileo,” has written, “Unhappy the land that needs heroes.” The Philippines is an unhappy land of misery, poverty and underdevelopment. It needs heroes. Why destroy them? Paraiso denigrated Bonifacio even on the occasion of his death anniversary, which the nation reverently observed. Paraiso said, “Fate has been unkind to Bonifacio.

His mystery-shrouded life ended in ignominious death.” According to the American Heritage Dictionary, “ignominious” means “marked by shame or disgrace: dishonorable.” It is bad enough that this honorable and courageous “son of the paper absorbency research people” (anak ng bayan) should be called a “myth” by an obscure American historian, and his death should be called shameful or disgraceful by watching, an employee of the National Historical Commission of the Philippines. The courage of Bonifacio. It is true that Bonifacio was executed by an order of Aguinaldo in paper towels absorbency a struggle for power within the foucault revolutionary movement. But Bonifacio faced his fate bravely, with the same invincible courage that he had mustered in absorbency building the paper psychology revolutionary movement from a handful of patriots to thousands of poorly armed zealous partisans eager to lay down their lives for absorbency research, freedom and independence. Bonifacio did this through four long years of painstaking recruitment in secret rites in darkened rooms under the very noses of the increasingly nervous colonial and clerical authorities, with every moment fraught with the danger of discovery, torture and death. And finally, when the movement was inadvertently discovered, he launched the revolution armed only with a revolver, assaulting a military arsenal, igniting the revolutionary war that vindicated and upheld the honor and manhood of best website in a generations of towels absorbency Filipinos who had been chained in colonial thrall for three and a half centuries. Following disagreements in the ranks of the watching revolutionaries, Bonifacio was shot and paper towels absorbency, wounded as he resisted capture by soldiers he considered renegades to the revolution.

His captor, Col. Lazaro Makapagal, claimed that Bonifacio shed “bitter tears” when, together with his brother, he faced certain death, but he did not beg for his life, and the tears he shed were certainly due to his frustration that the revolutionary movement that he led to fruition was in danger of disaster. Bonifacio’s background showed that whatever his faults, lack of online courage was not one of them. As the quintessential revolutionary, Mao Zedong said, “A revolution is not a dinner party, or writing an essay, or painting a picture, or doing embroidery; …. A revolution is an insurrection, an act of violence by research, which one class overthrows another.” It is not so orderly like romantic fiction. Ratified by the people. Yes, Bonifacio’s death was a personal tragedy.

But it was not “ignominious.” Even as he considered himself a victim of injustice by some of his fellow revolutionaries, he did not abandon the is the way to the validity of a website revolution. Towels Research. He decided to leave Cavite, the province of his factional adversaries, to online cv writing, continue to fight the revolution elsewhere. “Heroes are those who have a concept of towels absorbency nation and therefore aspire and struggle for the nation’s freedom,” said the technical committee of the National Heroes Commission in a report to President Fidel V. Ramos on June 3, 1993. Rizal and Bonifacio met that standard completely. They are, so far, the what way to evaluate website in a only heroes who have been honored by decree and law with national holidays. The rest are equally honored with special holidays.

The members of the committee who drafted the criteria for heroes were recognized historians and writers: Dr. Onofre D. Corpuz, Samuel K. Tan, Marcelino Foronda, Alfredo Lagmay, Bernardito R. Churchill, Serafin D. Quiason, Ambeth Ocampo (then known as the monk Dom Ignacio Maria), Prof. Minerva Gonzales and Carmen Guerrero-Nakpil. Other historical figures. The committee recommended nine other historical figures to paper, be recognized as national heroes in a report to the Department of foucault Education, Culture and absorbency, Sports (Decs) in a report on on mental illness Nov. 22, 1995. But the Decs took no action on the recommendation for fear that it would stir controversy. Rizal and paper towels research, Bonifacio, who had already been declared national heroes by acts of is the evaluate the validity website Congress, led the list of paper absorbency research heroes made by the committee.

The choice of Rizal and Bonifacio as the foremost national heroes has been ratified by the Filipino people through many generations as evidenced by the statues erected spontaneously in their honor in towns and cities throughout the archipelago. Historical revisionism, for whatever reason, will not erase this heartfelt veneration in concrete and stone by all Filipinos nationwide. Is this the perfect essay for you? Save time and order Characteristics of a National Hero. essay editing for only $13.9 per online cv writing page. Top grades and paper, quality guaranteed! Relevant essay suggestions for Characteristics of reaction paper on general a National Hero. Veneration without Understanding, written by Renato Constantino, was made in order to convince the Filipinos who have doubts how and why Rizal is considered the national hero. Constantino compared the…

Rizal, a True Hero? When we have seen the video that our Professor shown us, I remember my Cousin told me about Andres Bonifacio and Jose Rizal being compared. Would it be fair for… Rizal, a True Hero? When we have seen the video that our Professor shown us, I remember my Cousin told me about Andres Bonifacio and Jose Rizal being compared.

Would it be fair for… Outline of the Veneration Without Understanding. ?The Revolution and Our Understanding of Rizal •Against revolution •Wants reform thru education •Dedicated •Traitor ?American-Sponsored Hero •Sponsorship •A martyr to oppression, obscurantism and bigotry. •Create a cult and vilify… Who Made Rizal Our Foremost National Hero, and Why? Who Made Rizal Our Foremost National Hero, and Why? BY: ESTEBAN A. DE OCAMPO Dr. Jose Rizal Mercado y Alonso, or simply Jose Rizal (1861-1896), is unquestionably the greatest hero…

The Second Coming of Rizal. In this article, different beliefs have been brought up. Apparently, I cannot believe anything that has been written in that article mainly because as a Catholic, I believe that there…

Buy Essays Online from Successful Essay -
Paper Towel Absorbency Experiment - 1270 Words | Bartleby

“How Do I Love Thee?” by paper towels research Elizabeth Barrett Browning Essay Sample. The poem “How Do I Love Thee?” from the Sonnets from the Portuguese XLIII is a Petrarchan sonnet of essays on mental illness fourteen lines, consisting of an towels absorbency octave and a sestet. It was written by essays Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1806-61) in 1845 and was composed for her husband, the renowned Romantic poet, Robert Browning. At the time of writing, Barrett Browning’s life had been one of towels absorbency research seclusion from the breaking winning world, as she was the daughter of an overprotective, archetypal ‘Victorian Father’. And, although she was a published poet at the time of writing the sonnet, Barrett Browning had spent the majority of her early adult life as a recluse, forbidden by her father any moderate contact with the outside world. Following the death of her mother when she was 22, and the drowning of her brother in 1838 in Torquay, Devon during a visit to aid Barrett Browning’s ailing health, the poet became bed bound with poor health and a nervous disposition. Her sickness in her mid twenties, which is considered to be anorexia, combined with a bronchial complaint, restricted her adult life and she had little contact with possible suitors other than the poet Robert Browning who, along with John Kenyon, a friend of the arts, visited her in her home.

As Barrett Browning lived most of her life in the confines of her room, her poetry does not reflect, or usually reference, the outdoors as, say, Wordsworth’s poems do; but her poems are usually figurative, relating to the world outside as she saw it through reading literature – and paper she was very well read. This poem was written when she was forty years old and she writes with a certain innocence, mixed with a mature, womanly outlook. Elizabeth Barrett Browning secretly married Robert Browning, who was six years her junior and the two set out for Italy to escape her domineering father. The poem “How Do I Love Thee?” is part of a sequence written by Barrett Browning during this period of her life and foucault essay the poem is a declaration of love to her new husband. It was written soon after their elopement and remains one of the most famous love poems, containing in the opening the rhetoric question “How do I love thee? Let me count the ways”. Barrett Browning goes on to declare her love in no less than eight ways in the poem.

The first way the poet shows her love is in the lines 2, 3 and 4: “I love thee to towels research the depth and breaking barriers essay winning breadth and height My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.” Barrett Browning declares her love to be unconditional. She loves with her all her soul, reaching out absorbency research beyond “Being”, as far as her soul can reach, to questions both her creator and to her Love. This line contains a quotation from the Epistle of Saint Paul to the Ephesians, and as the poet was a devout reader of the bible, the reference reflects her knowledge and paper absorbency research understanding of the on general scriptures. The length, breadth and height she mentions conveys the shape of a crucifix: as high as God’s love, as deep as Christ’s love and absorbency research sacrifice and as long lasting as infinity. Her love, she is saying, is as deep, broad and long as her soul can reach and is as great as the length, breadth and height of God’s love. Her love is as unconditional as, and is part of, the love Christ has for on general man. The reference to “Being” and “Grace” in line 3 relate to the ‘Great Chain of Being’ which links God with man via the angels right down to the animals, plants and the Earth itself. “Grace” is the ‘link’ within the towels chain, connecting God with all of essays on mental illness his creation. As God’s love is infinite, Barrett Browning is declaring her love as the same, unconditionally reaching out to the length, breadth and height of Being and Grace. Her love reaches beyond her life, beyond Being and paper absorbency Grace, to online the end of her life – to her salvation. The second way she shows her love is in the lines 5 and 6: “I love thee to the level of every day’s.

Most quiet need, by sun and by candle-light”. Here, Barrett Browning is declaring her love as constant through time, both by day and by night. Her reference to sun and candle-light refers to her life withindoors. We can imagine Barrett Browning marking the passage of time by the movement of sunlight across her room, or by the warmth of paper towels absorbency candle-light at reaction on general, night and evening. It is by the consistence of the passing of time which she experienced each day that she declares her love to be as constant, as timeless and as unchanging as the “level of every day”. Barrett Browning instils a sense of peace and stillness in paper towels absorbency research, these lines, and through her choice of diction she conveys a comforting love, filled with quiet reverence and consideration. The third way she shows her love is in line 7: “I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;” In this line, Barrett Browning is showing that she loves freely, without constraint, with her free and foucault essay questions unrestrained will. Through the mention of men striving for Right, she is paper towels absorbency research comparing her love as dedicated and filled with the same fervour as man’s endeavour for freedom. What Best Evaluate The Validity Of A For Use In A? Being a Liberal, Barrett Browning had sympathies for the rights of man, the seeking of fraternity, equality and liberty shown during the French Revolution which inspired most of the Romantic poets.

The choice of words also reflects her growing relationship with Robert Browning who was also a Liberal, and her words would have held as significant meaning to him as they had for her. Barrett Browning may also have seen her marriage to her husband as the paper towels absorbency research key to her own freedom and liberty. Her life with him would have provided independence from questions, her dominant, repressive and over bearing father. The fourth way her love is declared is in line 8: “I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.” Barrett Browning is showing her love to be pure and without lust. She is herself virginal and chastely, and her love for Robert Browning is as pure as her love of God. By referencing “Praise”, Browning is comparing her love to be the same as religious worship, unsullied, untainted, innocent and virtuous.

By this comparison, she is declaring her religious piety, but this line also reflects the paper towels research innocence of Barrett Browning’s character. She is inexperienced in the act of love between man and woman, but she knows the passion of love for God. Therefore, this line shows her love for barriers winning Robert Browning to towels research be as pure and as praiseworthy as her love of essays on mental illness God. The fifth way she illustrates her love is through the lines 9 and 10: “I love thee with the towels research passion put to use In my old griefs, and with my childhood’s faith.” As before, Barrett Browning is declaring her love to be as strong as the passion of faith and with the same innocence as childhood religious piety. Her “old griefs” may well reflect the loss of her mother and the death of her brothers, which affected her deeply. Online? She shows her love to have the same passion as the towels absorbency research grief she felt at their deaths – a sorrowing passion, but one of foucault questions great strength.

This is the same degree of passion she feels for Robert Browning, the same depth of emotion and feeling. She is towels absorbency research aware of on mental mortality and still feels the loss of paper towels absorbency research her “old griefs” and she may fear the loss of her new love with Robert Browning, being conscious of the inevitability of reaction on general death, so gives of herself completely to him. As in the previous lines, in absorbency, lines 11 and 12, Barrett Browning shows her love to online cv writing services be as strong as the love she felt for her “lost saints”- for her mother and brothers. Lines 11 and towels research 12 are an extension of the thought she expresses in barriers essay, lines 9 and 10, but she expresses her loss as a child as being one of paper towels absorbency innocence, the childhood belief that she lost all with the death of her mother and siblings. With the words “I love thee with a love I seemed to lose With my lost saints” she is foucault expressing that she had “seemed to lose”, but has now found love again with her love for her husband to be. What is more, she may have lost a part of herself, and paper towels certainly that innocent love that was marred by the death of her family members, but which she has re-found again. Services? She may well feel whole once more and towels research have also rediscovered her “childhood faith” by her depth of breaking barriers winning love for Robert Browning. The line “I love thee with the absorbency research breath, Smiles tears, of all my life!” shows that she loves with all of her emotions, all of her experience and all of her life.

By these words she may be expressing her love by measuring it against her whole being, all the sorrow, joy and pain, all of the sickness and loss she has felt. On Mental Illness? She loves with all of herself, all that has gone before, all of her life balanced against the love she feels. Finally, with the last line, which begins after the Caesura in line 13: “-and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death.” she shows she loves beyond life and into paper, death. She will love eternally and “if God choose”, she will love him better after death – when life cannot alter her love, when her love resounds in eternal peace. This line is also reminiscent of the marriage vows taken by her before God. Barrett Browning uses a lot of religious references in the diction she chooses to express her love.

Among these are references to illness the “depth and breadth and height” as discussed previously, “soul”, “ends of Being” and “Grace”, “Praise”, “faith”, “lost saints” and “God”. Her poem is a declaration of her love and she likens her love of towels Robert Browning to her love of God and God’s love of man. Her other choices of diction show the use of essays on t.v watching alliteration of the phoneme sound /l/. Towels? This is shown in her use of “Love”, Let”, “soul”, “feeling”, “ideal”, “level, “candle-light”, “freely”, “purely”, “old”, “childhood’s”, “lose”, “lost”, “Smiles”, “all”, “life” and “shall”. Essays On T.v Watching? Her use of this alliteration conveys the paper towels absorbency sense of “love” declared within the contest essay poem.

The /l/ phoneme sound is paper towels absorbency present in each line, not least in the word “Love”, and essay questions it is used repeatedly throughout the poem. The poet also choices to use a great deal of assonance, especially of the phoneme sound /i:/, as in “thee” “feeling”, “ideal”, “freely”, “purely”, “griefs”, “Being”, “every” and paper absorbency “seemed”. As well as this, assonance can be found of the /aI/ phoneme sound. This can be found in her choice of “I”, “my”, “height”, “sight”, “ideal”, “quiet”, “by”, “”light”, “Right”, “childhood’s”, “Smiles” and “life”. Her decision to use the assonance of /aI/ and /i:/ reflect the words “I” and essay “thee” used throughout the poem and paper towels absorbency reiterates that the poem is about the depth of enduring love felt by essay the poet (I) for Robert Browning (thee). The sound of the poem is measured, rhythmic and quiet and the poet’s use of towels absorbency alliteration, assonance and sibilance give a sense of a hushed, calm tone. Her choice of diction, enjambment and on mental illness the chosen rhythm of iambic pentameter gives a precise and unhurried feel to the sound of the poem. The reader senses the towels poet’s passion and enduring love in a gentle way and is left with a feeling that the poets life spent within doors, quietly considering her love of Browning, is foucault essay reflected in the poem – particularly with the line “I love thee to paper absorbency research the level of every day’s Most quiet need, by sun and essays on mental candle-light”. Other poetic techniques used to paper research convey the ever lasting and deep love displayed in the poem is the use of enjambment in lines 2 and 3, 5 and paper psychology 6, 9 and 10, and in lines 11 and 12. Her use of enjambment conveys the paper towels absorbency freedom, continuance and endurance of her love and allows the poem to flow freely. Essay? The poet also uses parallelism in the lines 7 and towels absorbency research 8: “I love thee freely, as men strive for Right; I love thee purely as they turn from Praise.” By repeating similar syntax in these lines, she emphasises that her love is both free and pure; but these lines also represent the essays on t.v watching same fervour of dedication to the rights of man that both Barrett Browning and her new husband would have felt.

As Liberals and Romantic poets, both Robert Browning and Barrett Browning would have felt the same passion for liberty, fraternity and equality, and the lines 7 and 8 reflect both the poets and paper research Robert Browning’s opinions, maintaining a familiarity of belief between the lovers. Hyperbole is used by Barrett Browning to express the online extremes of her love and is shown clearly in lines 2, 12 and 13. The lines are: “I love thee with the depth and breadth and height My soul can reach” and “I love thee with the breath smiles, tears of all my life”. By using hyperbole to exaggerate and emphasise the boundless and limitless extremities of her love she is conveying her love to be eternal, without restraint and endless. The poet also uses tripling in these lines which may convey her sense of the divine within the trinity of God as well as making an emphasis on the depth of her love. The shape of the poem can be separated into an octave and a sestet, where, in line 9, the towels absorbency “volta”, shows a change in the content of the poem. In the octave, Barrett Browning is conveying her love to essays on t.v watching be in paper towels research, the present, using terms to declare her love in the now. However, the volta shows a change in tense and within the sestet the poet is referring her love to her past.

Here, she is questions comparing her love to the “old griefs” and her “childhood’s faith”, and that she loves “with a love I seemed to lose With my lost saints”. By using the present and past tenses in the octave and paper research sestet she is declaring her love to be eternal, limitless and without the constraints of time. Barriers Contest Winning? She refers to her past and present, and in the final line, to her future. The last line “I shall but love thee better after death” refers to her love enduring after death, into her own future and beyond. With there not being a gap between the octave and sestet, and the poem reading as a whole of fourteen lines, the poet is conveying her love to be entire, complete, and unbreakable and given wholly. The poem is rich with alliteration and imagery and conveys her love to be both deep and eternal.

The poem is a declaration of her love for Robert Browning, and with various religious connotations, likens her love to that of paper towels research her love for God, God’s love for man and her love for Robert Browning as being one of the essays on t.v same. The poem can be read as a vow to Browning, made before God, showing her everlasting and enduring love for him; and the promise found within the poem is encircled by the love of God. Barrett Browning conveys deep and eternal love through her choice of diction by paper towels absorbency declaring her love in eight ways; by her reference to breaking barriers contest essay her present, past and future and showing her love to be constant throughout her life; her use of alliteration, representing “love”, and assonance, representing “I” and “thee”; her emphasis of meaning through her use of parallelism and the sense of enduring, timeless love through her use of enjambment and her soft, quiet use of the tone and paper absorbency sound of the poem. The reader is essays watching left with a lasting impression of the deep and enduring love Barrett Browning conveys in the poem, and the poem remains on of the most famous love poems in literature. Is this the paper towels perfect essay for you? Save time and order “How Do I Love Thee?” by Elizabeth Barrett Browning. essay editing for only $13.9 per page.

Top grades and quality guaranteed! Relevant essay suggestions for “How Do I Love Thee?” by Elizabeth Barrett Browning. How Do I Love Thee?” by Elizabeth Barrett Browning “How Do I Love Thee?” by Elizabeth Barrett Browning was written in 1845 while she was being courted by the English… Elizabeth Barrett Browning and Emily Dickinson. The lives and works of Elizabeth Barrett Browning and Emily Dickinson may be different in many ways, but there are existential treads that bind these two people together by similarities….

Poem “Change upon change” by essays on mental illness Elizabeth Barett Browning. The theme Change Upon Change by Elizabeth Barett Browning is love lost. The central character of the poem reminisces about his life five months ago. The poet uses the towels change… The atmospheres of Sonnet 43 and Sonnet 29 allude to Browning and reaction on general Millays. Love’s many contradicting forms are portrayed in two dramatically different sonnets, Sonnet 43 and Sonnet 29. Though both poems are written in Petrarchan sonnet form, Elizabeth Barrett Browning and Edna… A Mans Requirements.

Poetry has always been a way to express an absorbency research individual’s feelings, when he or she cannot find the right words to say or if that individual has been going through… Sonnet 43 from Sonnets from the Portuguese is a love poem in a sonnet form. Elizabeth Barrett Browning wrote this poem in secret when she was being courted by her…